LEGAL AND ADVOCACY ACTIVITIES
Since its establishment the Federation has used the tools of legal and advocacy interventions. Working for the women’s right to conscious motherhood, we intervene in cases of women being refused access to reproductive and sexual health care services, and in special instances we support women who assert their rights in the frameworks of the Polish or the international system of justice.
We also advocate for the access to adequate quality reproductive and sexual health services and for the restoration of the women’s right to abortion.
As part of our legal and advocacy work we formulate positions on the legislative process, opinionate the newly established acts, prepare commentaries to the introduced changes, and appeal to the authorities.
Additionally, the Federation’s Legal Team provides legal assistance in cases regarding reproductive and sexual rights, especially:
- the realization of the right to legal abortion
- the access to contraception
- the access to prenatal testing
- the patient’s rights (right to services, right to information, right to medical documentation, right to respect for privacy and dignity)
- the faulty medical performance (doctors overusing the conscience clause, violating patient’s rights)
- the infringement of personal rights in the health care system
- the medical error- and medical incidents-related cases